Python for KidsYour Kid's first step to Coding
What you'll learn
The goal of this course is to teach kids how to use Python in Coding in simple steps ends by developing a small game, in this course kids will learn.
- Basics of Programming
- If statement, Conditionals, Loops, Class
- Basics of Processing
- Setup the layout of a game
- Implement the interactive portion of the game
- Introduction to sprites and how they can be used in games.
- Kids will work on the game during the class
- No previous experience with Coding is needed
- Computers are available in the lab, no need to bring their laptops
This is a really hands-on course! Throughout each section your kid will complete in-lecture exercises and reporting challenges. Experience shows that this is the best way to learn, practice and internalize.
Each topic has a new challenge, and after kids have had a go at completing the exercise/challenge by themselves, the instructor will go through every step of the exercise on screen – giving them tips an tricks as he does so!
By the end of the course you’ll have the skills and confidence to begin developing a simple game.
- The course is designed to be the first level of a journey in Coding for kids.